Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Mine was the Last Heart You Broke

Mine was the last heart you broke.
Should I consider it an honour?
A priveledge?
A relief?
Relief knowing that it won't happen to some other unsuspecting woman?
You're off the market. It's a pot of simmering feelings.
Shock, happiness, sadness, fear.
All blending into one thick strange but somewhat delicious soup.

Was I the rebound chick?
Am I with the rebound guy?
NO..., but he is the result of a rebound project.
Did I cheat my guy of a healthy heart for months?
I feel like I did.
I know that I don't want to feel like the heartbroken woman anymore.
Why is it that the hearbreakers move on so much easier and find what they were looking for.

And the heartbroken end up spending time trying to figure out, reassessing what in heaven's name they should be looking for.

But in the end, aren't we all heart breakers and the heart broken?
In the end though, mine was the last heart you broke and I am no longer in anger.
Isn't it amazing how close a word it is to anger.
I'm no longer in danger of the anger.
No longer in danger of being broken by you again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home