Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Post Discussion

I had a long talk with my dear friend Tiffany last night. She is one of the wisest people I know and I can trust to be honest in her conversations. I'm so closed off to people when it comes to talking about relationships.

We had a long discussion regarding relationships and my relationship with Pat last night. And there was even talk of Roy. She told me something I kinda already knew but needed to hear I guess.

It's kinda weird that you make plans to go places and he doesn't really seem to factor into them. You have to decide for yourself what parameters you need or want in the relationship that will make you happy. If you want butterflies, then go for a relationship with butterflies. I thoguth about it and realised that I need to figure out what I want and need out of a lasting relationship that is going somewhere. I need to go to God and ask him what I should want out of a relationship. What should I desire of my mate etc. to make me happy.

I realised that I am content in the relationship but that is not enough. I need to be happy! A big reaason why I'm still here is because I know that he's trying to improve himself. I keep prayin every night that God will lead me to make the right decision for both our sakes.

I think I need to have a long talk with Pat about where we stand in the relationship. Is he happy in the relationship? Do I want the butterflies? Do I need the butterflies. The need to be so conected to a person that there is a desire to make that person proud of you at all times. Acheivements, etc. I felt that with Roy, and Richard, the 2 men I've loved before PAtrick. But as I was telling Tiffany last night, I don't know what happens after the honeymoon phase.

I guess I also ahve to ask myself, Am i truly in love? Is PAt the man I was meant to be with? TIffany said to me....If you're in a relationship and you keep asking "Why am I with this guy?" you don't need to be there. I don't ask everday but I do ask myself sometimes, "Why is he with me?"

Ah well, I'll keep praying and keep waiting and trust that God will guide me towards the right decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home