Monday, June 26, 2006

Parents

I kinda came up with this while talking to my friend William the other day, who's mother recently passed away after a long illness. He said it was sucha relief when she passed. The also had difficulty getitng along.

I started to realise something, looking at my parents. The made some huge mstakes raising me and my siblings. But, I am grateful to them because they introduced me to the arts, and also to GOD. I had an outlet to express my self.. And I had God who in my adult life, helped and is helping me work through those issues. They inflicted the wounds but taught me about how to get my healing. I am grateful for that every day. I had to sit and accept, that they are human.

I know I will make my share of mistakes with my children. All I know is that I will do for them what my parents did for me. Provide them with an outlet for expression. And make sure that they know that God can heal all things...even the hurt inflicted by parents

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home